Is this a virus/spyware?

albertlee

I got this installation file from an email, it did not appear to be a malicious program according to my anti-virus program, therefore, I just install it.

After installation, I couldn't find the installed files any where on my computer.

Can you people help me diagonize this installation file?

http://rapidshare.de/files/19895786/bad_soft.rar.html Warning: This file may contain a virus or spyware! (-Cap'n)

(above is the installation file I put in a rar archive)

and tell me where did the installed files go?

thanks alot

What did you think this program was?

This application is adware which is going to probably give you a big headache soon with popups and bogus search results. You shouldn't install or even execute anything that you aren't fully aware of.

I can imagine it now "oh look theres the random installation file i ordered!"

download.com - download the big three anti spyware programs- adaware, spybot, windows defender.

Oh and update them and run in safemode . . . have fun

Edit - i'll be damned if im going anywhere near that file - and i'll be surprised if anyone else round here with half a brain will - google the name of the file is your best bet

So I downloaded the file and scanned the .exe (the .idx file is fine) but the .exe contains a Trojan Horse named (by Avast) Win32:Trojano-CE

So yes it is effectively a virus, although technically it's a trojan.

I did a quick google search and didn't come up with much. I suggest you download Avast Home (it's free) and schedule a boot time scan (after updating it) because I know that Avast will detect this trojan because it did for me so it will for you (remember to update though).