Can I evolve from any species?

Yeah I think that's the main problem too. If there was a circumstance where maybe I evolved the species to a point of no return where they were doomed not to survive because of genetic flaws somewhere down the road while trying to make an effort into evolving into humans. The way around this is to run the experiment on an infinite number of isolated populations of cockroaches simultaniously. This would ensure that there would be populations that would successfully evolve into humans and eventually (by chance) one of those humans would give birth to a kid that just happen to have my precise dna code. My antro teacher mentioned the probability of that happening to me once... something like 1 in (23!)^2 or 23*23*22*22*21*21*20*20*19*19*18*18*17*17*16*15*15*14*14*13*13*12*12*11*11*10*10*9*9*8*8*7*7*6*6*5*5*4*4*3*3*2*2*1*1 whatever that works out to be when you put it into the calculator even though it's out of range of the calculator easily. It has something to do with each combination of chromosomes pairing something...forgot.

Cockroaches cannot safely evolve into humans but they could evolve into species A safely. Then species A could evolve into species B safely. Species B into species C...etc... etc... however many gradual changes in species it takes until the species is ours.