What's 'genetic basis' mean?

Well, I'm doing biology homework and they're using "tell me the gentic basis of blah blah blah" a lot... For example: How can I explain the genetic basis of a disorder that occurs with equal frequency among chicks and dudes and that doesn't follow basic patterns of Mendel inheritance??????

it would mean the explanation from a genetic point of view.

eg, the molecular basis for the different blood types is the presence/abscence of A and/or B antigens on the surface of red blood cells; the genetic basis for the different blood types would be the gene that codes for those antigens.

So for your men v women example, you'll probably have to explain the phenomena with reguards to chromosomes etc.

Every cell in your body has 46 chromosomes. Each chromosome has one DNA molecule that is ENORMOUSLY long for a single molecule (In fact, about as long as your thumb when unfolded). Along its length is the genetic information - like a very long sentence. It is broken into 'words' along its length. Each 'word' is a gene. Each gene determines a protein molecule in your body. Each protein molecule can be said to determine one of the characteristics that make you what you are.eg. blue or brown eyes.

The sum total of all the genes, or words along the sentences that are the 46 DNA molecules, determine the way your body, and you, are put together.