Black holes: The ultimate quantum computers?

RyanJ

Are black holes the most destructive things in the universe? Yes they probably are but there may be a catch, the information that falls into the black hole its self may not be destroyed.

Although anything that enters the black hole is condemned to remain in the hole (with the exception of Hawking radiation and escape via quantum tunnelling) the information may not actually be lost. Due to the effect known as quantum entanglement it could someday be possible to "program" a black hole says scientists.

http://www.newscientist.com/channel/fundamentals/quantum-world/dn8836-black-holes-the-ultimate-quantum-computers.html

- Ryan Jones

so basing on the articles posted.. i guess when it comes to that time where in we can program a black hole, it will become the ultimate weapon. a weapon more powerful than that of a nuclear explosion. but some scientist say that we can generate a black hole. i just don't know if its true but after an explosion, the vast expansion of energy (based on e=mc2), there is a counter-effect. its the contraction of the expanded energy. so there's a sudden gulp of material towards the "eye" of the blast. i just don't know if its true -i guess it falls under metaphysics. nevertheless, this is a nice topic to make research on. thanks for posting it.

this is a very nice website for a student like me. hehe!! i'm just so glad someone shared it with me. more power to you guys!!

so basing on the articles posted.. i guess when it comes to that time where in we can program a black hole' date=' it will become the ultimate weapon. a weapon more powerful than that of a nuclear explosion. but some scientist say that we can generate a black hole. i just don't know if its true but after an explosion, the vast expansion of energy (based on e=mc2), there is a counter-effect. its the contraction of the expanded energy. so there's a sudden gulp of material towards the "eye" of the blast. i just don't know if its true -i guess it falls under metaphysics. nevertheless, this is a nice topic to make research on. thanks for posting it.

this is a very nice website for a student like me. hehe!! i'm just so glad someone shared it with me. more power to you guys!![/quote']

It probably could. Black holes are thought to emmit radiation, Hawking radiation and thus get smaller and smaller and it is believed they then explode at a certain point (one possible explination for gamma ray bursts). theoretically is we could do this it would probably release enough energy to destroy the whole planet or worse.

Cheers,

Ryan Jones