bunsen burners

chemfreak

hey guys(and girls)

were do u get bunsen burners CHEAPLY I need one but cant find one. a little help pleeeeeeeeezzzz

Good science shops have them and so do science supply stores :)

Also, try E-bay - you can get just about anything from there.

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

mine are actualy modified Blowtorches, but unless you`re familiar with propper gas fitting and brazing, you`re much better off buying one, however unless you have a propper gas tap, then you`ll need a regulator and a gas bottle, that part gets expensive!

these minature Chefs torches are ideal for most applications though :)

I also use a propane/butane burner. It is a very cheap thing and it perfectly suits my needs. It also has a wide bottom, so that it cannot easily be bumped.

Have a look on this page for a picture and description:

http://woelen.scheikunde.net/science/chem/misc/equipment.html

The burner, including three gas tanks, only cost me around $20. The intensity of the flame can be adjusted precisely and usually, not the maximum power is used, but a much lower setting. With that setting, I only need one gas tank per year or so, while I do quite a lot of experiments, which require heating of a test tube.

indeed!

also with the cooks burners there`s a Colar that you can adjust the flame type with, from Mega hot (light blue cone and darker blue outside flame) to all blue gentle, right down to yellow fire :)

Woo, I have the same as woelen... I was never rable to get an adaptor to make the gas bottles work correctly with the burners so i gave up and went for a simple burner and it works sweet :)

Not everyone is clever enough to make one YT2095 (Me especially) ;)

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

Why do you want a real Bunsen burner? A well-adjusted propane torch is as safe and also perfectly does the job.

I unfortunately cannot help you with an address where you can buy a real Bunsen burner, but if you purchase one, be careful to select one for the proper gas. A burner, made for buring natural gas is not suitable for use on propane bottled gas. The same is true for a burner, designed for propane. This does not work nice on natural gas. The flames become very ragged and uneven.

agreed, the burners may be inexpensive, but it`s the support equipment that`ll cost the money, anyway, I`ve just had a look on eBay for you and there`s at least 90 listings for bunsen burners :)