G'day, can anyone help me!!

Ice_Phoenix87

Does the United States of America know about aliens?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Does the United States of America know about aliens?

• yes
    • no

Hey, i am doing an assignment for science and it is for my major assesment task. the thing is to make an experiment up and i decided to do sparklers and what happens when they are ignited.

does anyone know how i can do this or have any other good experiments that would get me high in my assignment. thanx Nathan

Chlorates and perchlorates of potassium are prefered over nitrates, because of their resistance to moisture, and also the chlorine donor makes many of the colors used in sparklers alot more vivid.(Never mix Chlorate with Sulpher or nitrates!)

The use of exotic thermites can also be used in the Crackling effect sparklers too (only in small quantities though!).

don`t use Copper or Alu as the core wire, iron/steel is better, it doesn`t conduct the heat as well, so less chance of your compostion falling off, and less chance of the bit you hold burning your hand.

rough up the wire with a bit of sandpaper too, it helps the composition to stick better :)

don`t pay for dextrin! make your own, get a box of corn flour/starch, put it on a baking tray then into the oven at about 150c, take it out when it becomes a golden to mushroom color, make sure it`s all like that by giving it a mix every now and then. when it`s done, let it cool and put it into an airtight jar with a little bag of silica gell in to keep it dry, couldn`t be easier or cheaper :)

ROFLOL, was that a hint? :P

I nearly forgot to mention, WHEN you`ve finished your sparklers and they`re dry, to keep them that way, a thin coating of Nitro Cellulose will work wonders :)

there`s plenty of places you can get NC from, but if you don`t have access to any smokeless powder (the sort used to re-load bullets) either single or double base smokeless powder is good, failing that, use a ping pong ball.

dissolve either in plenty of acetone (or nail varnish remover if you don`t have pure acetone). you`ve just made nitro cellulose laquer :)

now paint it onto the outside of each sparkler then let it dry, and you`ll be able to keep them for years of even use them in the rain :)

Have Fun :)