nitric oxide inducers

beachbum

does anyone know of a nonspecific nitric oxide or nitric oxide synthase drug [/u']inducer? not LPS or any cytokines. Thankyou.

Your not likely to get your queston answered because people cannot be shure what you would do with it...

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

• 1 month later...

I was under the impression that S-malic acid was the most powerful NO synthase inducer. General inducer? You mean one that works on the other two NO synthases besides i (inductable intestinal) NO synthase? The malic acid from wine vinegar seems to have a most powerful effect on my personal eNO synthase, but thats anecdotal and may result from a psychological component built from expectation.

I'm not certain how You define "drug" NO synthases as distinct from some other kind... I would think that they would all be drugs ( Hey! In the correct context, even water can be a drug... it can even be a dangerous drug!)

I haven't surveyed the literature to be certain that the S-(COOH)(CH )

(CHOH)(COOH) I've described isn't in Your excluded list, but I'll check the following links I've obtained from "Google":....Scholarly articles for nitric oxide drug inducers

Reciprocal regulation of the nitric oxide ... - by Modolell - 122 citations

Nitric oxide-mediated suppression of T cell responses ... - by Sternberg - 32 citations

Cytokines, Endotoxin, and Glucocorticoids Regulate the ... - by Geller - 221 citations ....

I note that the Glucocorticoids aren't on Your exclusion list.

Who are these lame-o's? "Are you studying vasodialation?" Maybe You are, in which case You might be interested in eNO synthase inducers specifically, as well ad eNO synthase coenzymes, eNO synthase substrate (L-Argenine), eNO synthase potentiators/synergizers (distinct from inducers in that inducers promote prodution of the enzyme, whereas potentiators enhance it's activity once it's produced.) Then of course there are the NO breakdown inhibitors (PDE 5 inhibitors), which include some weakly acting natural agents, and a few drugs ending in "-afil".