Plaque Removal & Fever

The Thing

I agree, this is among the most ridiculously stupid posts ever, but my curiosity is getting the better of me.

As it is the sickness season, I inevitably fell victim to a cold & fever. Funny thing was, I got it Friday, but my fever disappeared yesterday. I also had a dentist's appointment yesterday for plaque removal (those giant machines that the dentists use to remove all sorts of junk from your mouth, including a small drill, a scraping hook and a suction tube). As usual, lots of bleeding occured and everything. But I didn't mind it.

However, something weird happened. That night, my fever for some inexplicable reason reappeared. Why is that? I've heard that you shouldn't have a tooth pulled while you're sick, is it true for this as well? I just don't get why this seemingly frivolous event would bring back my fever - and an annoying headache.

So, speculations and suggestions?

Incidentally, can HIV be transmitted during any sort of dentist operations or plaque removal, or do the dentists ALWAYS sanitize their equipments?

Incidentally, can HIV be transmitted during any sort of dentist operations or plaque removal, or do the dentists ALWAYS sanitize their equipments?

As far as I'm aware, all dentists' equipment is autoclaved, so there is basically zero chance of catching any sort of disease from the equipment itself.

IAs it is the sickness season' date=' I inevitably fell victim to a cold & fever. Funny thing was, I got it Friday, but my fever disappeared yesterday. I also had a dentist's appointment yesterday for plaque removal (those giant machines that the dentists use to remove all sorts of junk from your mouth, including a small drill, a scraping hook and a suction tube). As usual, lots of bleeding occured and everything. But I didn't mind it.

However, something weird happened. That night, my fever for some inexplicable reason reappeared. Why is that? I've heard that you shouldn't have a tooth pulled while you're sick, is it true for this as well? I just don't get why this seemingly frivolous event would bring back my fever - and an annoying headache.

So, speculations and suggestions?

Incidentally, can HIV be transmitted during any sort of dentist operations or plaque removal, or do the dentists ALWAYS sanitize their equipments?[/quote']

as far as i know all the equipment is sterilized in an autoclave, the temperature is around 121 degrees so high chances that any virus can survive.and about ur fever may it is just a coincidence:-)