South Dakota Bans Abortion

In My Memory

I guess we can disagree about what is important. For me' date=' a cluster of cells at the point of conception is undoubtedly not a human, and what is born at birth 9 months later undoubtedly is.

If the question was whether we are willing to kill unborn children, then I would be anti-abortion instead of pro-choice.

I hope I am not belaboring the point, its just I never saw that side of the debate before. I've always seen the religious arguments that happen to keep morning after pills off the shelves be applied to abortion. I'll have to look into it more.[/quote']

There are actually two questions in play:

1. What branch of government under our Constitution should make the decision regarding the legal status of the unborn?

2. What should that branch decide?

I am tepidly "pro-choice" (although I hate the labels used in this debate on both side) but Roe v. Wade was intellectually weak when it was decided. It has grown strong only because of Courts' deference to longstanding precedent.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic