Zone Alarm Pro 4

neo_maya

I've never heard of Sygate Personal Firewall' date=' is it any good? how do you know? does it have compatability problems with other software, esp. Norton internet security professional?

[/quote']

I've not had any problems with it.

And ever since I installed it my pc is virus free (quite an achievement for earlier i used to get infections every 8 or 10 days ).

yes, but there is a difference in quality for firewalls.....

for example. new ways to hack are always being "invented" a good firewall is constantly up to date [or at least the updates are easily available for users]

there are some unusual forms of hacking, such as through other programs, a good firewall stops that too.

a good firewall might have some script blocking features as well.

[btw, a free firewall would be nice!]

you're really not supposed to say that kinda stuff on a public website, [about cracking!]

yes, i think you said before it was free, but again, that doesnt mean its good? are they a well know company, with lots of links, resulting in high quality protection? do they cover every nook and cranny of hacking security, or is it just an 'ok all rounder'?

thats the kinda detail i'm looking for ;)