Grant Money?

EverCurious

If anyone's been following up on my latest threads, one can come to a conclusion that I'm building something. I recently just formed a research group, currently very small, yet working on expansion. We are planning something big, a big project, and we'll be unveiling our end product sometime around May 2007. BUT THAT IS ONLY IF WE CAN GET FUNDED. We need grant money to operate on this. We need the money for a lab set-up including temendous computing capability as well as production of the product. We may incorporate the research group in order to quallify for NEA's research grants. So if anyone has connections to a firm that supports scientific endeavors, we will thank you with everything we've got.

I would assume you've never written a grant before.

Unfortunately, government funding is usually reserved for those who are formally educated, and have prior experience in their expertise.

Do you have any publications? Do you have any preliminary data? Do you have a sponsoring institution which will provide an environment conducive to achieveing your goals?

Grant writing is a skill that takes years and years of experience. Having a "connection" may help, but the process is much more involved than simply presenting an idea. Good luck!