Hypothesis on the No.36 Bus

insane_alien

Note: My F key isn't working very well so add an f where ever you think there should be one.

When returning from university yesterday i noticed that the rate of No.36 buses going in the opposite direction was much greater than the number of buses heading in the direction i wanted.

first:the bus timetable says there should be 4 buses per hour, although in reality, and not in an administrators office, it is more like 3.

second: i get on the bus to the terminus which takes about 15 minutes so at most there should be 3 buses from the stop i get on at around the loop which then passes the same road only on the other side.

third: no other routes go near this one until the stop i get on at

fourth:the route is basically ollow the road until the terminus and then double back along the same road.

I waited 3 hours for a bus yesterday. I would have started walking by 1 hour but i got enthralled by this. That means in thoery 12 buses should have passed. or reality 9 buses. Now the actual number of buses that went past in those 3 hours (going to the terminus) was 1(the one i got on); the number travelling in the opposite direction was 11!.

To explain this I have came up with a theory that the speedometers on these particular buses are infact extremely accurate, so accurate that the heisenberg uncertainty principle takes effect on the macroscopic scale and the buses teleport past the stop at the trainstation where i usually get on.

The buses that do stop there obviously have broken speedometers and therefore do not teleport(also explains the breakneck speeds of the drivers who once managed to flip a bus on its side, luckily i got a lift that day).

Any thoughts on this hypothesis?

An alternative hypothesis:

A bus at rest and unobserved in the depot, has no known numerical value. When in motion, its designated numerical value may or may not be true. This value may be arbitrarily changed at any point of its journey. The correct value may only be deduced by following its total path from source to destination.

The number of buses in motion at any one moment can never be predicted, neither can their direction of travel. The best one may say, is at large scales, there is merely a statistically small probability of the correct bus being available at any one moment.

It may help to think of busses as a lifeform and the depot as a predator.

The 11 busses heading away from the depot were stampeding to escape the predator. The lack of buses going the other way shows their natural reluctance to enter the predators hunting ground?