Head ach acetaminophen side effects

1veedo

Acetaminophen is in Excedrin, (off brand) equate, and tylenol. They say nothing about side effects yet they kind of make your head go "whooh." And there's sort of a tast when you brethe in your nose and chest, like when you have a cold. I don't know how to explain it but it messes w/ your head.

Most websites say "When used appropriately, side effects are rare." One website says "Acetaminophen relieves pain by elevating the pain threshold, that is, by requiring a greater amount of pain to develop before it is felt by a person." Maybe that's why it gives you a simi lightheaded feeling.

Overdosing is supposed to cause liver desies but I'm not on any medication. Has anybody else felt this from head ach medicine? I havn't found anything that says it has side effects, except the rare see-your-doctor "rashes," "pinpoint puples" and the like.

Its the reason that it says "DO NOT OPERATE HEAVY MACHINERY" on the box.

And, it says side efects are rare so you might be the 1 in a million person who actually gets side effects. One of my friends gets reall dizzy after he takes those things and his doctor told him never to take it again. So i'd cut down on your usage if they are affecting your health/mind.

acetaminophen (paracetamol) is also present in the medication I take, sadly headaches are part of the condition I take this medication for, and so I don`t know if I`m experiencing the same as you or my own problem?

I can state that when I`ve taken paracetamol alone (no other active ingredient) that I`ve never experienced a problem, so on that thought, could it be that there`s Another active component in this medicine?

and maybe that`s what`s causing your head to go wierd?

I know Codiene and stuff sends me a little strange (in a very nice way) and that`s why I won`t touch it.

YT2095 I was entertaining that it might be something else which is why I tried excedrin. But advil shares a lot of the inactive ingredients.

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp10009_333181_sespider/advil/advanced_medicine_for_pain_200mg_gel_caplets.htm

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:e-npUXLAGUYJ:www.students.sbc.edu/temple03/Drug%2520Bust.ppt+&hl=en&client=firefox-a

Equate has carnuba wax, hypromellose, and diferent "sodiems" that are not in advil.

Generally there is a whack of caffeine in the patent meds. If you are sensitive to that it might be what's causing the problems.

Excedrin has cafine but not the equate. Actually the ONLY active ingredient in equate is acetaminophin. I just wanted to know if this was normal or not, considering the "drug facts" say nothing about side effects.

Ibprofin, in advil, is probably the way to go.

as crazy as it may sound, some of the Non-Actives may play a part with some folks, what the majority may consider Inert, could make the guy standing next to you quite ill!

silly little things like coatings or buffer agents, even colors!

on a side note, why does Exidrin sound like some sort of High-Powered Amphetamine! :))