Science meets Art

Jarryd

I am looking for some inspiration for a media outcome i need to do this year, we basically get to portray a specific subject to a specific audience and ive chosen to do this with digital photography. The subject ive chosen is to show that the often seen as mundane and boring aspects of science are not only present in the real world but they are also beutiful and artistic in their design. I have some ideas such as the typical freeze shot of a water droplet and the diffusion of ink through a glass of water, but i also wanted to know if anyone else has some good ideas? keeping in mind that i only have a basic digital camera (detail is average) and that i am trying to use things that are readily available to photograph. (i.e i don't have alot of chemicals or things like that to play with)

Cognitive science and how the brain interprets visual data.

Long horizontal lines in fashion design can create a wide looking appearance and the vertical lines on a cloth can give a slimming look.

When it comes to art and science, there seems to be a cognitive side to it all, along with psychological. If you wish to call psychology a part of neuroscience and then you can call it part of science.

The typical after image effect where red represents green after looking at it long enough and then turning away. This occur I believe in the hypothalmus, although I may be incorrect.

http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/chvision.html

You may find the first bit of this interesting:

http://www.jneurosci.org/cgi/content/full/19/18/8036