Concentration.

Kermit

I've found myself not really being able to focus on things in my mind for longer than a few seconds because something else distracts me. Also, anything I visualize in my head usually tends to be very basic looking -- I can't seem to be able to remember vibrant sceneries or specific visual details. But for some reason, it's the opposite with anything sound related -- I seem to be able to remember every single song i've ever heard, and whenever I think about one I don't lose focus on it.

Is there anything wrong with my ability to concentrate?

Is there anything wrong with my ability to concentrate?

Tiredness, lack of interest, pre-cooupied etc.

There are many, many reasons why I personally find the lack of interest one the primary cause for me :)

Is it only for certain things or for everything in general?

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

Hi there,

I'm having the same problem this year -- no ability to concentrate. I think it's because I've basically stopped doing physical activity in the mistaken attempt to free up more time. The lack of exercise has significantly decreased my efficiency.

My suggestion for you (and me): take a physical activity class like yoga, martial arts or dance, play a competitive sport or rock climb -- anything that requires both physical output and mental concentration will probably help.