Science site for those who love experiments!

brokenbin

If you need a detailed experiment, you can go over to http://www.chemicalforums.com and search for my article on synthesizing NaI. There are many pictures there that you can feel free to use. In fact, you can even use parts of the article if you would like as long as you:

1): Link to http://www.chemicalforums.com

2): Explicitly state that the article originated over at chemicalforums.

:D

-Jdurg

If you need a detailed experiment' date=' you can go over to www.chemicalforums.com and search for my article on synthesizing NaI. There are many pictures there that you can feel free to use. In fact, you can even use parts of the article if you would like as long as you:

1): Link to www.chemicalforums.com

2): Explicitly state that the article originated over at chemicalforums.

:D

-Jdurg

Thanks Jdurg, is it your site?

And i would definitely make a link to your site because the purpose of Ocular is to increase public interest in science, and just hogging all the users isn't really sensable. LOL

By the way, nice article, very detailed, although I have done it before. :D

And I am wondering if it is possible to make some form of link between all the science sites, that way, there would be a lot more people, and each site can rely on one another at critical points.

I'd hate to see how IntegraMOD handles it when you have more people on your site. For comparison, a good vB install would use maybe 10 queries per page.

Perhaps disable some of the extra unecessary bits? I'll look at the site and see what I can do.

edit: SQL queries: 143. Page generation time: 1.5568s. Now THAT is nuts.

It's okay, just leave it as it is. Yea, perhaps the queries is a bit too much, but as long it does not cause a problem for the moment, it will be all right. Maybe when we have as many user as SF there will be a server problem, but I am planning a server migration to a good server that costs money anyways.

Nah, it's not my site, but I'm an admin over there and I've been a part of the site since the day it was created. (The person who runs the site somehow found out that I had a very good element collection and asked if I'd write some articles for the site and take some pictures of my elements. My pictures now grace the periodic table at the site, and at least one of my photographs is being published in a general chemistry textbook which comes out in March of 2006).

Yea, perhaps I can make it one of my biology experiments, which would be pretty cool. But focus of the site would skill on chemistry and physics, and some electronic technology.

Biology experiments are some of the most interesting and yet some of the hardest to preform! Pitty too, a great one is the action of catalase (from liver) too Hydrogen Peroxide, thats fun too watch!

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

• 2 weeks later...