What's wrong with Firefox?

ecoli

Hi guys, maybe someone can help me resolve this issue. I'm having problems with Firefox. Starting last night, whenever I try to open the web browser, the spot where the web page should load isn't there... I only see my desktop behind it. The top address bar is there and the program is running. I restarted my comp... no change.

I'm forced to use IE until this problem is fixed... so please help!

Try posting in the Mozilla help forums, I've had problems with extensions and they helped my fix it. Also, in the program files for mozilla is a Safe Mode icon (an .exe). It reverts firefox to default settings and should fix most problems. See if either of those work.

let's see... the most recent extention I added was for the Chime progam (you know, the program for veiwing chemical models)... but it worked right after I installed it... Ok Im going to try your suggestions. Wish me luck.

edit: running it in safemode doesn't help... same problem. Running ad-aware as we speak.

let's see... the most recent extention I added was for the Chime progam (you know' date=' the program for veiwing chemical models)... but it worked right after I installed it... Ok Im going to try your suggestions. Wish me luck.

edit: running it in safemode doesn't help... same problem. Running ad-aware as we speak.[/quote']

Try creating a new profile through the Profile Manager then run in the new profile and see if it works through that, if it does you can restore all your extensions / favourites etc. easily :)

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

I fixed this problem, but its probably the most embarasing thing I had go wrong with my computer...

The window was "resotred down" and the bottom of the window was resized all the way up to the address bar. Damn, I feel stupid.