Liquid and DNA

lxxvii24

Well first of all this would probably be more appropriate in a chemistry forum even physical chemistry since biochemists don't really deal with this sort of idea.

But DNA is a solid. You can't really have it in liquid form without introducing some sort of solvent or mobile phase. It's not possible to heat it up and just melt it as far as I know since it will degrade before it gets hot enough to just melt.

However, it is possible to modify it into a special kind of DNA/metallic salt that is molten. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2001/01/010118064934.htm

Though it doesn't say in the article supplied I highly doubt that it'd maintain it's double helix structure. It would most likely be in the form of single strands inionically bound to metal complexes.

I am not an engineer so I am not really qualified to give you a good answer, but I will give a uninformed one in case by some chance it might help. I imagine that you can take two flexible tubes and wrap them around each other like a helix. You could then begin cutting away portions of the points where they connect, while making a tight seal of course. The more you cut away the less the water traveling inside would keep its helix shape.

You could also create a model of a double helix, sort of like when they make a model of a persons face with rubber or wax. The water traveling inside the model would somewhat resemble the original double helix structure.