a potential antigenic tumour associated peptide

nsampson

I have identified via bioinformatics a potential antigenic peptide in my protein that is possibly expressed on the surface of tumour cells. I am looking for "easy" ways (I am a non-immunologist) to see whether a synthetic peptide against this potential antigen does indeed invoke an immune response. I cannot use PBMC proliferation assays but have access to cancer patient seminal fluid which contain T cells (CD4/8 positive). Can i simply select these cells on CD3 plates, incubate with peptide and measure proliferation/IFN-gamma/TNF levels?

If not please suggest alternatives!

many thanks

natalie

Yes, you can do that. Do you want to test the pre-existing responsive T cell or to check whether you peptide can induce an immune response? The feasible method is ELISPOT assay; there are a lot of reports already. please pay attention to your result if it is negative, you need to find out the real reason, is your prediction not correct or there is no pre-existing responsive T cells, or your ELISPOT is not sensitive enough.

Good luck.