urgent:how to calculate the concentation of H2O2 solution in % & volume concentration

popo_mani

This is a titration experiment,

first, we had to standardization of KMnO4 solution.Then i find the Molarity of the KMnO4=0.0279M

here are some equations & datas that the book provided:

2 ((MnO4) - ) + 5 (H2O2) + 6 (H+) --> 2 (Mn 2+) + 5 (O2) + 8 (H2O)

Concentration of H2O2 is expressed either by %(assuming the density of the solution is1.0g/cm3)or by volume. volume concentration is expressed as the volume of oxygen available from unit volume of the peroxide solution measure at S.T.P according to the equation:

2(H2O2) --> 2(H2O ) + O2

68g 22.4litre at S.T.P.

by definiation a 22.4 volume solution contaion 68g/litre

2nd, we had to determination of concentration of H2O2

steps of the experiment:1.dilute10ml of the given H2O2 solution accurately to 250ml in a volumtric flask and mix thoroughly

2.pipette25ml of this solution into conical flask, acidifiled with 25ml diluted H2So4 and then titrate with the standardized KMnO4 solution.

3.calculate the molarity of the dil.solution & the concentation of hydrogen peroxide solution in percentage & volume concentration.

Result of the titration: 8.1 (cm3) , 8.2 (cm3) , 8.1(cm3), 8.3 ( cm3)

i find the molarity of dil. solution=0.02281M, but i don't know how to calculate the concentration, can someone help me??

Well, I have done this with acid/alkali solutions.

If you are testing acid's concentration, you have to use alkali with known molarity.

Now after the titration is complete, you record the volume of the alkali used.

From that information, you will know how many moles of H+ ions represented in the acid, and therefore you can calculate the acid's M.

i just find the molarity of dil. solution=0.02281M...

"3.calculate the molarity of the dil.solution & the concentation of the original hydrogen peroxide solution in percentage & volume concentration"

Is that meaning to caculate the concentation of the original hydrogen peroxide solution ??

Are concentration and molarity having the same meaning??

"here are some equations & datas that the book provided:

2 ((MnO4) - ) + 5 (H2O2) + 6 (H+) --> 2 (Mn 2+) + 5 (O2) + 8 (H2O)

Concentration of H2O2 is expressed either by %(assuming the density of the solution is1.0g/cm3)or by volume. volume concentration is expressed as the volume of oxygen available from unit volume of the peroxide solution measure at S.T.P according to the equation:

2(H2O2) --> 2(H2O ) + O2

68g 22.4litre at S.T.P.

by definiation a 22.4 volume solution contaion 68g/litre"

1.what are the uses and how it relate to the answer?