can you help with this experiment

forensic-d

i am doing an experiment on the preperation of a yellow solid i am stuck on the risk assessment i have the hazards (can cause burns, irritating to eyes, corrosive, toxic e.t.c) can you help,

risk assessment for ammonia solution

sodium thiosulfate

potassium dichromate

acetone

nitric acid solution (to be heated)

copper (ii) sulphate

iodine

ammonium persulfate

i hope you can help me ive been all over the internet and read countless books but all they seem to give me is the hazards

thanks

Your question is VERY unclear. In fact I have not the faintest idea what you want. Please be more specific. What yellow solid do you want to make? What procedure do you intend to use? Now you just mention a bunch of chems, but I can't smell what you are going to do with these :P .

What is the "yellow solid" that you wish to produce?

I can think of 2 or 3 potential candidates that you could make with those lot that would fit that descrition (they seem a little excessive for just one synth).

you could at least throw us a bone! :))

What is the "yellow solid" that you wish to produce?

I can think of 2 or 3 potential candidates that you could make with those lot that would fit that descrition (they seem a little excessive for just one synth).

you could at least throw us a bone! :))

sorry! its an experiment we are doing in class here goes;

weigh out 10g of blue copper (ii) sulphate (CUSO45H2O) Crystals, dissolve the crystals in 50cm3 of warm water, in a seperate beaker dissolve 18g of sodium thiosulphate (NA2S2O3 2H2O) crystals in 30cm3 of warm water, with gentle heating on the halogen hotplate ajust the temp of both solutions to about 40c, pour the sodium thiosulphate into the copper sulphate solution add a magnetic stirring bar to the beaker and place on a magnetic stirrer to continuous stirring, after a few minutes a bright yellow solid will precipitate out of solution this will be fully deposited in an hour, filter off the yellow solid by suction and wash the residue with cold water followed by propanone,recover the dried solid and allow it to further dry in air at room temp (hope you have not fallen asleep)

my tutor wanted a risk assessment report on the chemicals we are using regarding this experiment i thought i had everything in the report but he gave it me back and said i has reported the hazards and not the risks

please help