Creating a total cholesterol table with percentages.

I'd like to create a total mg/dL blood cholesterol table that equates to a percentage of total cholesterol in the blood.

So, a milligram is a thousandth of a thousandth of a kilogram, and a milliliter is a thousandth of a liter. Notice there is an extra thousandth on the weight unit. Therefore, there must be 1,000 milligrams in a milliliter, making the formula for mg to ml conversion:

• mL = mg / 1000

https://www.omnicalculator.com/conversion/mg-to-ml

100mg/dL total blood cholesterol in % ?

1dL = 100mL

100mg/1000=0.1mL

0.1mL is 0.1% of 100mL ?

0.1% is 100mg/dL of total blood cholesterol ?

Then to saturate the blood at 100% total cholesterol; total blood cholesterol would need to be x in mg/dL.

100/0.1=1000

100mg/dL x 1000 = 100000mg/dL to 100% saturate the blood with total cholesterol ?

Is this correct or is "mL = mg / 1000" incorrect when applied to total cholesterol?

3 hours ago, genio said:

I'd like to create a total mg/dL blood cholesterol table that equates to a percentage of total cholesterol in the blood.

100mg/dL total blood cholesterol in % ?

1dL = 100mL

100mg/1000=0.1mL

0.1mL is 0.1% of 100mL ?

0.1% is 100mg/dL of total blood cholesterol ?

Then to saturate the blood at 100% total cholesterol; total blood cholesterol would need to be x in mg/dL.

100/0.1=1000

100mg/dL x 1000 = 100000mg/dL to 100% saturate the blood with total cholesterol ?

Is this correct or is "mL = mg / 1000" incorrect when applied to total cholesterol?

Since there are 10⁶ ml in one litre of water, there are 10⁵ml in one dL.

Equating 1mg with 1ml is only valid for substances with a density of 1g/ml (or 1000kg/m³ in SI units).

So-called  "cholesterol" in blood is not in fact the chemical substance cholesterol, but particles made up of a range of substances including fatty acids, esterified and unesterified cholesterol, proteins etc. From what I can find on the web, these particles have densities ranging from approx 1.05-1.2g/ml. (Blood plasma has a density of 1.006g/ml , apparently.) The chart I found is this one: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-95451-3/figures/1

Whether these differences in density are significant or not in the context of your enquiry I do not know.