Am I the only one that sees no clash????

Linelion63

Ok, I'm confused. Am I the only one on the PLANET that sees that there is no clash between creationism and evolution? If one assumes the existance of an almighty God, who can by definition do anything He chooses, why cannot He use evolution as His mechanism for creation? The bible says nothing of His methods, just that He said "Let it be" and it was. Now does that say explicitly that there was a flash of light and there it was, or does it just leave out HOW He did it? And one last thing: the '7 days' thing has no bearing on this because how long is a day to a being that is eternal, that does not experience time, before there was a sun?

PS: No, I don't necessarily agree with intelligent design, it has parts i dont like.

no, you're not the only one. Unless you're talking about the kind of creationism that says "6,000 years ago, God created the Earth, and every living thing."

ID is basically believing creation AND evolution. But it comes down to this... life was created somehow... either nature did it on Her own (abiogenesis), or some other life form created it (biogenesis).

Basically, Creation is a theory about how things began, and Evolution is a theory about what's happened since then (unless you want to apply it to the beginning of life, having evolved from organic compounds such as carbon, which is the base of most organic lifeforms...)

Although some creation theories involve the creation of ALL forms of life, and nothing has evolved (but however still has the potential to evolve).

But, in answer to your question, no. If no one else does, I don't see the conflict.

And one last thing: the '7 days' thing has no bearing on this because how long is a day to a being that is eternal, that does not experience time, before there was a sun?

Yes it was, if you take the literal meaning.

And God said' date=' Let there be light: and there was light.

And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

And God called the light day, and the darkness night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.[/quote']

And on the seventh day God ended the work that he had made; and He rested on the seventh day from all the work that he had made.

It basically says the sun set and rose, and it was the first day. And it says that six more times, and thus the seventh day comes and he rested. Although, it does say the evening and the morning are a day, instead of the morning and the evening... so according to the Bible, the day starts at noon and ends at noon? Is that why every church I've ever heard told of has their service in the morning?

Additional, he said "Let there be light." And thus created the sun (during the first day mind you)