strange doubt..help me pls

dj_rai

im a newbie(a student) in science n tech... but sometimes i get strange doubts...i hope ull understand my doubt :cry:

my doubt is.. the color what a person sees, is it the same as another person sees it?

what i mean to ask is..for eg: i see a color.. say white.. and my eye sees it in a format say X, and if another person sees white ,will it look like X itself or something else..

people identitify a color by name..but not by a format. from our childhood we call a particular format by a name..but is it same in everyone's view?

i dont know how for u can understad my doubt...and also i have no (very very less) knowledge abt science...i hope u people help me..dont u :?:

Actually, IIRC the retina has 3 color shaders in the human eye, red green and blue. These are the same for any "normal" human and thus its clear we see color the same way. Other animals have various other eye gizmos, like mirrored retinas etc, which give them added features to the eyes they have. Its not a mystery how we see colors, and can be explained scientifically.

im a newbie(a student) in science n tech... but sometimes i get strange doubts...i hope ull understand my doubt :cry:

my doubt is.. the color what a person sees' date=' is it the same as another person sees it?[/b']

what i mean to ask is..for eg: i see a color.. say white.. and my eye sees it in a format say X, and if another person sees white ,will it look like X itself or something else..

people identitify a color by name..but not by a format. from our childhood we call a particular format by a name..but is it same in everyone's view?

i dont know how for u can understad my doubt...and also i have no (very very less) knowledge abt science...i hope u people help me..dont u :?:

Externally the colour is same, But how can u say that this colour is same for this you have to fix a standard i.e for comparision we can call it the main filter which compares both the person's language, understand and reply both about the reality.

OR It may depend on the Primary feedback If u identify white colour by 'x' For the other person to identify the same colour he should also have 'x' for white colour. If the person is taught 'y' to identify white colour then......

Both will see the same but could confuse in conversation or communication which can result in conclusion for both the persons in their langauge that both have seen different coloures (eventhough both have seen the same)

There have been 2 threads on this subject which I remember on this site, try using the site.

All that I could add to those 2 threads was that at the time (and I may have linked to a news article) some research had been carried out by a joint team from Oxford uni (I think) and another uni in Israel (Tel Aviv I think) and they together had concluded that my red is the same as your red etc.