Do Women Belong in the Kitchen?

ku

I don`t think it`s "By Nature" as such, it just turned out that way, the men would go out hunting, and the women would be left at "Home" in the cave community to look after the children ...

I would really like to see the evidence of that; I've been hearing that all my life, but no-one has ever offered any data to support it.

I'm not talking about theories based on the importance of greater upper body strength in throwing spears, I mean some evidence.

well it was only presented as an idea, but Fine.

look at almost any isolated civilisation, from Aboriginals to native american indians to Inuit etc...

All in our time index, and you`ll see similar behavior.

Why, Because it`s Functional for them, they don`t all have a corner shop or supermarket that negates all this.

hows that?

But bias in science is no where more obvious than in descriptions of and assumptions about group dynamics.

Quick' date=' off the top of your head, describe the social structure of a pride of lions.[/quote']

there`s no assumption to be had, they were just as "Smart" back then as now, and even Now it can bee seen 1`st hand that this is how the structure operates in certain peoples not contaminated with our modern "Advanced" lifestyle, I use Advanced in Quotes as I`m not quite sure Who of the 2 sorts have it Right (personal opinion).

but yes, the men go out doing the hunting, women traditionaly look after the children (except the males of a certain age), they cook (sometimes the men do too), they clean they make the furs usable and stitch them, the plant crops and harvest them, the list goes on and on....

men make weapons, they hunt, they carry the Catch back, they fight other men that aren`t part of their group, they sometimes make jewelery, they are the Educators (mostly of the males in practical ways) etc...

basicly the System Works and has done for Millenia, don`t judge them by OUR standards, non of this applies to us (or them).

as for the Lions part, that`s just plain Off-Topic.

I am not implying that because female lions hunt and don't cook, human females should hunt and not cook. That makes almost as little sense as the OP.

Bias in science effects not only what we looks for but very much how we preceive what we do see.