Free will, fault, deserve

raphaelh42

hello, i would like to talk about free will and read what you think about it

... I think free will do not exist because I feel that the universe is like a bucket of water that has been emptied, what the water do would be because of the way it has been emptied...

i was thinking i don't control my moves, i start to think i don't even control my thoughts, like i'm an observer

I hope you will be interested to talk about this

23 minutes ago, raphaelh42 said:

i was thinking i don't control my moves, i start to think i don't even control my thoughts

You mostly can't control your thoughts, but you can - presumably - direct them to a focus of attention, such as the object of desire with whom you are trying to connect, or the school subject you have to study for, or the football score on which you have a bet. You probably don't control your moves... and yet somehow find your way to the refrigerator when you're hungry and the bathroom when you feel bladder pressure, and across the street when the light is green and not when it's red, and it's nice to get credit for a clever chess move or well-played guitar solo - especially if you've spent a great many hours practicing those moves.

So your movements and thoughts are being influenced, every minute, by changing circumstances in your environment, and you are responding in the present minute. If the bucket of the universe emptied all those minutes 13 billion+ years before you were in it, some very specific droplets were reserved just for you. Why not pretend you're interacting with them voluntarily? That's what most of us feel we're doing, most of the time, even if it isn't technically true.   

Edited by Peterkin