How to think without doing intrapersonal communication ?

Hello

I try to find a way to think without talking to myself in my head using my language. (I don't mean I have my own language)

(I don't always speak to myself when thinking (for example when I take a quick decision), and I don't ask questions like there was two me)

I want to find a way because often it makes me tired, like it's to much, I also want to check if it would be more effective/faster.

Sometimes I notice the thought is over but the sentence is not yet... so recently I started to try to don't finish them.

Do you have any suggestion please ?

Edited by raphaelh42

On 8/16/2022 at 6:13 PM, raphaelh42 said:

Hello

I try to find a way to think without talking to myself in my head using my language. (I don't mean I have my own language)

Many kinds of thinking do not require a framework of words.  Using images, or anticipating certain physical movements, is often primary in the arts, and in crafts.  And scientists often manipulate visual symbols in a mental space to develop a concept or work out a procedure.  And there are ordinary activities, like rearranging the furniture in a room, where much of your planning will be visualization and not needing words.   Maybe you could try extending that kind of manipulation of visual symbols to other categories?  Like this: instead of making a grocery list, start visualizing the store where you usually shop and where food items are located that you like.  Create a mental map of your coming trip and how you will move through the store, using as few verbal labels as possible.  (Just an example - don't blame me if a spouse or partner yells at you because you forgot to get the Dijon mustard!) 

I like this idea of visualizing, I think it's going to help me to reduce my inner voice

But I think I asked for something that is not consistent, like asking how to drive a car without using the engine, I could always get it pushed or pulled, but the drive would not be the same...

So I am going to accept that it is the way it is.

I thank you for having helped me, I'm sure that visualizing the mustard will be less exhausting than repeating "don't forget it" :) :)

Edited by raphaelh42