to apply for Harvard.....

ttose

I am not a US college student, but it's like a resolution for me to apply a good university, esp in USA/UK, eg, Harvard.

However, I have read an article somewhere about the mastriculation methodology for Harvard, Princeton, Coolunbia, etc etc is based on a system called AI, which includes a criterion on mastriculant's "outside school" grades, like any achievement you have accompolished outside the school, like sport, music, literature, science on a level range of 5, and, not neccessarily the SAT score.

besides, is it also true that the legacy of Harvard has a better chance to be accepted??

Any idea on this??

thx

• 4 weeks later...

The top UK universities such as Oxford or Cambridge demand top grades but as there is such a high number of applicants, they take interest in what is in your personal statement at the application stage then ask you to discuss these at interview. In the UK the admissions system is currently based on predicted grades if you are still studying, if these are low it is unlikely you will be offered a conditional place. You may also be asked to sit an entrance exam to allow them to further distinguish between the brightest pupils.

Yeah it's true. There are soo many people getting top grades now a days that the unis are now having to distinguish based on other factors such as extra circiular activities and what you are as a person e.g personality and what you do in your spare time etc.

Basically your application is going to be almost like a personal resume, you've got to have GREAT grades and SAT scores, they evaluate your extra curicular activities, and you better wow them at your interivew. I believe the acceptance rate for Harvard is 11%. Good luck.