Record the TV in WMP

Primarygun

There's a online TV firm in my country providing online TV programs for us to watch. The programmes are instantaneous, live.

I downloaded the software and the Window media player was used to enjoy this free service.

I want to get some of my favourable movie recorded in the channel but I don't know what to do.

There might be some software which kindly provides the powerful function but I have very little knowledge about it.

Any idea would be appreciated.

You can try using a program which allows to you to record what is happening on the screen (ie. watching TV). I don't think you can save or otherwise record something being streamed like that, there was a thread on it, about saving files which are being streamed, search for it.

You can do it, but you'll need a decent application to save the stream as a movie. I'll have to look up some applications when I get back home.

The only problem that I can foresee is that WMP formats tend to have a hefty lump of DRM attached to them. It may be a protected stream, and if that is the case you won't be able to record it.