Classification of web usage mining confusion-:

I don't understand what these things are trying to say in gist. Please guide me a bit-:

There are  3 types of web usage mining-:

1) web server data

the user logs are collected by the web server. typical data includes ip address, page reference, and access time.

2) application server data

commercial application servers have significant features to enable e commerce applications to be built on top of them with little effort. a key feature is the ability to track various kinds of business events and log them in application server logs.

3) application level data

new kinds of events can be defined in an application, and logging can be turned on for them thus generating histories of these specially defined events. it must be noted, however ,that many end applications require a combination of one more of the techniques applied in the categories above.

what is the gist of all of these. what is the summary of what it is saying? what is this paragraph trying to say? i can't understand. please guide me a bit.