plasma fun

I think its because of the quantity of microwaves, a normal modern microwave has about 1000 watts of output. When the microwaves aren't absorbed by anything they just bounce around in the cavity of the microwave. Until eventually the output would seem like its somewhere around 50000 watts.

now a 1000 watt lightbulb is extremely bright and its very easy to melt the glass on one of them (in fact you can melt the glass by just touching it and turning it on, the oil from your finger will make it heat unevenly). I personally have never seen a chamber designed specifically to bounce visible light around in it. I'm sure you would have a similar effect if you built one however.

So you just stick a piece of metal in the microwave and it turns into a plasma? Or it creates a plasma?

Like I know what a plasma is and obviously the combination of microwaves/metal creates a plasma... but why is there such a different event when you bombard metal with microwaves as opposed to visible light or radio waves?

No, metal will not make plasma it`ll convert the MWs into electrical current and make an Arc, a Plasma is a gas that`s heavily ionised (to keep it simple).

for the second part it`s down the quantum packet energies, and you need to remember that a 750W microwave in a cavity and a 750W source of Light will not be the same, now make it a 750W laser, and THEN we`re talking! :)

you`ll get ionised air from the arc and then of course vaporised metal particles (probably copper as it was green), they`ll be very short lived though, and far from independant in way of proximity to the arc.

So the MW induce a current in the metal which builds up charge and sparks, to the edge of the microwave???

750W laser... dude, I'm gonna be day dreaming about that for a long long time,,, 750w laserrrrr.... 750-laserr, i want one i want one! I love lasers, never owned one more than 5mW, which I believe is the legal limit.

reyam 200 it is true u can bend flames, but not too much, there r electromagnetic pulses from the hands but verrryyyy low intensities. there was a program on discovery whcih showd a man in a room with a EM generator, the room was high with random(?) EM . but to my surprise that guy was picking up objects without touching them!! myabe it was a amplification from the EM machine!?

oops sorry for posting this here...but reyam pm me.

well that`s NOT impossible at all, it`s simply using him as a "Conductor", like using a Van degraff machine your connected to for making a multitude of different effects, from pulling feathers or balloons out the air to your fingers, igniting flammable gasses or bending a candle flame, this CANNOT be done by "Mind power" alone though!

true.

just like a microphone signals r amplified by an amp, in the same way the EM generator did that, so well there is a possibility that we cud make computers which can amp the brain signals and each different wave pattern can be assigned(i use the term assigned loosely) to a different task! and it has been done :) in very mild expariments.

but the possibility is seamless.