Electricity consumption

insane_alien

mezarashi, an RV is a "recreational vehicle" pEOPLE TAKE TEM CAMPING...the big things, in other words, a motor home.

That is a good queston, how much do these things consume. I dont know enough to give a good guess though.

I thought it referred to a vehicle, although I thought it would be more logical if the question would be asked as, how much energy does it consume per liter instead of per day, because that would have to depend on how much you drive it around, and what model (different fuel consumption rate). Thus I had to make sure.

I guess if you needed to make an energy consuption estimation, the best way to do it would be through it's fuel consumption. Some rough figures I've found on the internet say that for each liter of benzene combusted, you will get 42 Mega Joules of energy. Compare that to the 8 MJ daily energy intake humans need and that looks like it makes sense. Well this isn't the real useful energy it consumes. I'd guess around 20-30 percent of that 42MJ is actually used to drive the car and batteries. The rest probably goes to waste as thermal energy or goes out with the exhaust. If it were an electric car with a far more efficient propulsion system, then I'm sure it'd use far less. Any other sources or methods?

why per litre? i probably should have mentioned that its electrical consumption while parked and being used as a home, not being driven around. I know this depends on what you have hooked up to the electrical supply but i'm just looking for an average. the generator gives me a rough guestimate on the consumption but ithink some of that would go into the batteries and that the generator would not be run permanently.