UV/IR Transparent, Visible Reflective?

calbiterol

I'm starting (or attempting to :P ) an optics project, but I have run into a rather interesting materials problem. I need something that is fairly (the more the better) transparent to the UV and IR spectrums, but at the same time, is mostly reflective to the visible spectrum (again, the more the better). I have been quite unable to find such a material. I would also prefer it to be cheap, but that is not a requirement. Is anyone aware of such a material?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.: As far as specific wavelengths, I do not know at the moment. I'll try and find that out and get back to you.

None of the alkali metals would work - even though they have plasma frequencies that are on the low side (being only monovalent). The best of them would be Cs (largest atom), which goes transparent only above 5.3 eV. Naturally, none of the transition metals will work (or that's what I think - know any large, monovalent transition metals ?).

Hmmm....let me think a little longer ....

I know there are several polymers that go transparent in UV, but I have no data on my hands as of now. And then there's thinning effects that could be used to tune the reflectivity.

Still haven't forgotten this one...