KNO3 Out Of HNO3?

olmpiad

• 2 months later...
i dont know why the hell you want to make potassium nitrate with something thats much more valuable. potassium nitrate is cheap as hell. the easiest way would be to react sodium carbonate with nitric acid

Very true, you can get this stuff real cheap as pyromaster22 has said :)

I bought 1Kg of the stuff for umm... I think it was about £20 :) - I don't even need that much it just works out a lot cheaper to buy in bulk!

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

what you make with your KNO3?

Not a lot really, just experiments involving reactions between it and various other chemicals :)

And yes I know it cna be used for other things such as rockets but I've not done one of those yet :)

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

yes rockets do take a while to construct and perfect especially potassium nitrate/sugar ones which are the most simple

Maybe I'll try it one day - right now I'm working on displacement reactions and that'll keep me occupied for a while!

Cheers,

Ryan jones

what you make with your KNO3?

I`ll probably get Hated by the wannabe Pyros for this comment, but I make beautiful lovely Chili peppers with mine, I use the stuff as Plant food, and they thank me for it :)

now I listen hard to hear all the "Nooooooo YT Noooo... you`re wasting it!" comments :)

I`ll probably get Hated by the wannabe Pyros for this comment' date=' but I make beautiful lovely Chili peppers with mine, I use the stuff as Plant food, and they thank me for it :)

now I listen hard to hear all the "Nooooooo YT Noooo... you`re wasting it!" comments :)[/quote']

Well, if you get something good out of it then why not! My father uses thus stuff to "feed" his tomatoes ;)

When you first said that I tought you meant a firework called a Chili pepper then when when I got too Plant food I realized what you meant - I thought a Chili pepper was a name for a firework! :D

Cheers and good luck with your chili peppers :)

Ryan Jones

noooo. youre wasting it. why in the world would you use potassium Nitrate for something as useless as chilli peppers. Do chilli pepers give you an adrenaline rush like a blackpowder rocket goung 600 feet in the air?....thought not.

Wannabe pyros?. ok ill give you that one, but i have made some decent rockets with some nice headings to match them!. :cool:

"noooo. youre wasting it. why in the world would you use potassium Nitrate for something as useless as chilli peppers. Do chilli pepers give you an adrenaline rush like a blackpowder rocket goung 600 feet in the air?....thought not.

Wannabe pyros?. ok ill give you that one, but i have made some decent rockets with some nice headings to match them!"

Have you ever eaten a chili pepper staight from the bush? Talk about a rush! :)

not my style...i like to watch things blow up and construct beautifull effects in my fireworks. what are you displacing

Chemistry is so much more than watching things blow up... What are you interested in, in chemistry or in things going KABOOM?