School question

Guest nestul

Guest nestul

Hello, I am new here, so hi all again :)

Here goes my question:

Why is it unattractive to use a low reaction (having most of the static-pressure rise in the stator) for a single-stage axial-flow cooling fan for electronic equipment? Reasons.

Greetings.

I think there may be a certain reluctance to:

a) Do someones homework for them

b) Attempt to answer such a vaguely asked question without more context

As someone who has to figure out from first principles which way to turn a scredriver each time I pick one up I am not best placed to answer a mechanical question.

However, might you just possibly be talking a volume issue? You primarily need max Q for max cooling, right?

use a low reaction

most of the static-pressure rise in the stator[/u

single-stage

I think that this is likely not too difficult of a question, though explained in esoteric terms. You have to think about what you're doing a little more. There are people on this forum who know the answer. I'm sure of it. I'd venture to say that there's a possibility that those who do know the answer may not remember exactly the definition of all the terms you used. If a person isn't currently working with this particular field of fliud mechanics, they might have forgotten some of the vocab from Fan Design 101 and need a tiny refresher. Even if they don't know what you're talking about, having more explanation will not only invite the insight of someone who can offer a different perspective, but it will make this forum a better resource for someone who is searching through old threads for an answer. And even if it is on your homework, you would do well to approach it as a student who wants to learn and needs a hint instead of one who just wants an answer to put down.

Remember that you're the one who wants help here, and you're only alienating the people whose expertise you need by not giving them every opportunity to help you.

I'm sorry if I seem to be taking this out of proportion, but like many people, I see this sort of thing far too much.