A-level "Advancing Physics" unique investigation

Hiya

Heya everyone

This year I have to do a physics investigation for coursework for the OCR "Advancing Physics" course. It has to be a unique investigation just based on something of our choice, not just a typical school experiment, but I really can't think of anything exciting that is faesible with our school's resources.

If anyone could give me any suggestions that would be really appreciated. I'd really like to do something on electricity or magnetism or possibly optics. The standard is one year before degree level, so it doesn't really need to be that complex. Some of the examples they gave were pretty lame, like measuring the strength of human hair, but I'd like to do something more interesting and less linear than that. Thanks.

Look into the Einstein-de Haas Effect and see if that looks interesting/feasible. It's a little tricky to get the experimental sensitivity, but it can be done at the high-school level (with a little patience and a lot of care and attention to detail). Besides, who can resist demonstrating a real quantum phenomenon ?