How realistic is the alien from the movie 'Life'? Specifically it's strength?

Okay, so this is going to seem like a really odd post, and quite frankly I'm very depressed that I even need to make it, but there it is. So shortly after the movie 'Life' came out a few months ago, I had come across one of the scenes posted on YouTube. Specifically the scene where the alien, despite being completely boneless and seemingly only being about the size and thickness of a typical latex glove, only around 30 or 40 grams at most, manages to force a man's clenched fist open and proceed to essentially pulverize his hand. I had made what I thought would be a 'do duh!' remark in the comments section in the effect of enjoying how creepy the scene was but there's simply no way any organism that size could be that strong. But it's actually turned into an all-out flame war of people saying I'm an idiot and shouldn't judge an alien by the standards we would a terrestrial organism.

In the story, Calvin is described as simultaneously being "all muscle, all eye, and all brain", and people seem to think that the 'all muscle' part makes it capable of seemingly defying the laws of physics. Anyway, I know perfectly well that this scene is impossible as portrayed, but could anyone who knows the physics that would be at play here and maybe some rough calculations tell me if I'm wrong about this? Or if I'm right, provide some rough figures to demonstrate it? I confess I'm not familiar with anatomy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzsoPzmn3qI

• 2 months later...

the alien from life is an alien that can remake its entire body from one cell this is not impossible but it would take more then 1-2 days and to answer you question.That depends on the bone. It is very easy to fracture a small bone, especially if the pressure is applied across the weakest point. I'm not sure exactly how much pressure is needed, but I can tell you that as little as 25 pounds of pressure applied to one of your small bones will cause a fracture. so it is plausible but i have not seen anything about humans breaking others hand like that so plausible.

Edited by sci-man