Multiple Sightings of Same Galaxy in different directions!

Okay, basically the link above shows that not only will you see it once or twice, you will see it many times from different angles and they have the galaxies they have tested and found. I can't believe this doesn't seem to intrigue anyone.

Bascule has beaten me to it with the key words 'peer review'. It would seem logical that having identified matching sets of galaxies the next step would be examine their neighbours. If there were matches here also the thesis would be much more convincing. I am perplexed (and consequently skeptical) that they have not done this, or discussed doing it. (I only scanned the document, so they may have buried it in a single sentence.)

On balance I find it interesting, but unconvincing.

If that theory was true then the sky would has been lit blindning bright as the light would had to come back from all over again and again.
I think the same argument is used to prove that if the Universe is infinite it must be expanding.

And AFAIK a hyperspherical Universe can also be expanding...

Althought looking at the low redshifts and the high number of matches it seems a little unconvincing.

But the idea that we might be able to see more than half way around the Universe is interesting.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest AnTi MinD

Hi people

well isn't it possible that since we have a very large universe there might be a large no of black holes in it and as we know that a large gravitational field can bend light is it not possible that these black holes have bend the light of a galaxy coming close to them and have diverted the light to wards Earth and this is why we see the same galaxy again ;)