I've always thought the universe was pure white light in the beginning.

:D

Long read.

Anyways, when I was young I would always rack my brain as to how everything could be the way it is now today. I developed this idea probably when I was 14 or so.. I see that many scientists are starting to pick up the idea of what I had when I was young.

I would always be confronted with the idea of the big bang. I always thought the big bang was ridiculous and impossible for a possibilty to explain how the universe was created.

My idea was that the Universe was of pure white light in the beginning. Kind of like that scene in the Matrix where the room is full of white light. Except in the beginning, there was really nothing around.. If this were possible, the universe would infinitely be expanded without end.

This has to do with the mass into energy idea. If mass can be turned into energy and it gives off photons when brought to a new energy level then then shouldn't light be able to be turned into mass?

Mass -> light

light -> Mass

If you can do one, you should be able to do the other. Newton's third law.

For every action there is an equal and yet opposite reaction. This law is very true. Therefore it has to apply to the reality that things can be transformed from mass into energy and energy into mass.

So let's imagine the universe was all white in the beginning.

It was all calm and still and yet peaceful. There was a problem though that split everything apart crashing.

I would like to think of this as evil. Not neccesarily evil though, I would have to call this creature that shattered the current state of the universe 'want'.

You see, you can call free will the most powerful thing in the word, but that's not going to do you any good unless you want something. This is why I see the universe built on the principle of want.

If the universe was white in the beginning, that means it was calm.

I'd like to think there was a particle of white light that said, "I want to own the universe." All the other particles were like..

:confused::eek::confused::-(:mad: OMGWTFBBQ?!

And they replied, "no." This then shattered the shared perfection among all of them that allowed them to stay at constant rest.

Then light began to turn into mass, creating laws that things must abide by. I'd like to see this part where mass and physical law were being created as a big game. A game so that everyone had to share the universe and there were limits to thier power.

This would make a person wonder why the universe continues though. How could that particle of light really have owned the whole universe.

I don't really care anymore about how the universe was created. That is too simplistic. The think i'm more concerned with is why.

If the how was light into mass. Light would condense into mass and change it's physical property through quantum physics. and space would be the darkness that surrounds it taking the place of where the light once was creating a vacuum.

They why is probably a more interesting thing though. The only thing I could really think of that is logical is want.

The only real property I see of in energy is want to be lazy. Energy likes to take the shortest path to the ground.

Perhaps when all was white and light energy decided to be lazy and then the universe crumbled into what it is now..

Well that's just my outlook on the universe..

What would be more interesting to this though is if it were made out of some sublevel of light that we haven't discovered yet. I figure if there is a sublevel to light, than we could find a way to go faster than light. But if light is the ever changing factor of the universe that changes property, (hence without light we'd be screwed) than I guess there is a possibilty that something changes it within.. maybe i'm just crazy..

I'm not sure whether our present understanding of electromagnetism is correct. I'll have to work on Maxwell equations.

According to the BBT, 70% of the universal energy density is in the form of dark energy but no one knows what it is.

Uhh, you are making inanimate particles want things. Why would a particle want to own the universe, or want anything at all? If this is just an analogy, what in the world is it an analogy for?

Also, by what mechinism does all this light turn into the matter we see today? How does this explain the cosmic microwave background radiation? Currently this is explained by having the universe filled with matter opaque to EM raditation up until a certain point when it became transparent. If it started out as just light we'd be able to see the rementants of that today.

And what does Newtons third law have to do with energy matter conversion?

And why would the universe be pure white light? Why not gamma rays, or x-rays? And I'm not sure if you can call white light pure anyway, since its the combination of visible colors that make white light.

Why would the initiating 'want' need be for ownership?

For the initiating want be for understanding would be more logical. What is the first thing we want to do when we want to understand how something works?

We take it apart, and put it back together ...

I always thought the big bang was ridiculous and impossible for a possibilty to explain how the universe was created.

Fortunately acceptance of the big bang rests on observation and systematic interpretation of observation' date=' not on what you think.
If mass can be turned into energy and it gives off photons when brought to a new energy level then then shouldn't light be able to be turned into mass?.
A question that was answered in the affirmative a century ago.

So let's imagine the universe was all white in the beginning........ that means it was calm. .

Since when did white equate to calm?
I'd like to think there was a particle of white light .........
Newton demonstrated that white light was made up of a mix of colours, so your opening contention 'pure white light' is fatally flawed.

Nice imagination BH, but I believe you should have posted this in pseudoscience.

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light."

Excuse me if I'm incorrect but personally I feel the bible only relates to recent history...I guess the reason why when we go back to millions of years I can find nothing relevant in the bibles history...e.g. Dinosaurs, & before...

• 4 weeks later...

I believe the universe started as Dark Energy rather than light

energy. There had to be an original energy buildup and if it was

light then any matter coming from it was equal parts positive

and negative; equal amounts of matter and antimatter particles.

But the original energy breaks all the laws.

Once there was none.

I believe only matter(without antimatter) was created through

an original buildup of dark energy. I could be wrong but nobody

has been able to show why there is only matter galaxies in the

universe. I know there are hypotheses which are not satisfactory. :P

You have to realize that if you run the universe backwards

that antimatter making up a galaxy would be evenly mixed

with matter at the small space of the begining of the

universe. So you can't get antimatter galaxies.

As I like to say how does the primordial egg divide?

It had to be all matter. You can't seperate the matter

and the antimatter right from the very begining.