I know this might sound a bit crazy, but I need some help, and I am not a chemist by any means, so I thought I would get a few comments from a few of you that seem to have this as an interest.
I was working for a company that had a Chemical Lab, just after I had suffered having 6 warts electrically removed from my hands (Burned off).
I met a chemist that had a similar problem, and he did not suffer the way that I did. He went back into his lab, and from what I understand, mixed two acids together, and he came back to me and said, "Here's the Mother of All Acids".
I kept this acid for a long time, until I moved. I was rushed, and gave the acid to my neighbor before I moved. He and I used it together.
This is what I was told to do, and this is what I did for years.
Take a small toothpick, dip it in the acid (the tip immediatlely turned black). Take a small drop of the acid, and place it directly on the wart.
Wait about 10 seconds, about the amount of time that it would take before it started to hurt just a little bit. Flush water over your hand, then take a detergent, like Dawn Dishwashing liquid, full strenght, rub it into the wart for several seconds, and then wash again.
Within two to three days, the wart would turn brown/black, and within another two to three days, it would get bumped off, and would be gone for many many years.
One compound wart I had: Frozen 3 times, burned twice, and kept comming back. Seemed like it was growing the whold time the wound was healing. After the application of acid, it did not come back for over 5 years.
Just recently, they have started popping up again, so here is my question.
I havn't been able to find out what the old fellow originally gave me, and I can't find anything related to the "Mother of all Acids".
Some of the reading I have done says strength is related to Hydrogen, etc...,
I just did some reading about the Carborane acids discovered by the University of California. They say, super strong, but gentle.
I take it that what I am actually looking for is a corrosive acid, but not Nitric, because it did not do anything to the surface wart. (I just tried it).
I just ripped one of these off with a pair of pliers, and stuck a red hot nail to another.
A good acid that would burn these suckers off would be so much more humane!
I am determined to find another more humane way to get rid of these darn warts. I refuse to have them burned and froze time and time again, and go through the extended pain, when there is an easier way to do this.
Would someone explain Acids to me in relation to skin hazards, and venture to guess why one acid might do better killing a wart than the others.
I would really really appreciate it..