I've done a bit of scientific research and found we're hardwired for more than one partner. Here's a few facts I've learned.
* A survey was conducted on 16,000 people from every continent. Participants said they wanted more than one sexual partner.
* Biologists say women are hardwired to have multiple sex partners to boost the chances of having healthy children with the best chances of survival. Females across the animal kingdom are promiscuous. Since we evolved from other animals, women are likely hardwired for promiscuity. The strongest evidence of promiscuity is in testicles. Sperm competition means males evolved to make as much sperm as possible to eliminate competition. The more promiscuous females are, the larger male testicles will get. We find female chimps are very promiscuous and male chimps have large testicles.
* Monogamy is rare in the animal kingdom. Most are promiscuous.
* 80% of early human societies were polygamous. Monogamy is a modern social invention.
* Many people do not have just one partner in their lives. They've had more than one at a time. This is not monogamy. It's serial polygyny.
It's fascinating information. I'm wondering what to make of this.