Molecules of tRNA

Amanda0628

A. contain codons that bind to ribosomes during translation.
B. function to transfer ribonucleotides to RNA polymerase during transcription

C. Once charged with the correct amino acids, they transfer them to the ribosome during translation

D. are only present in the nucleus or eukaryotes

A. contain codons that bind to ribosomes during translation.

B. function to transfer ribonucleotides to RNA polymerase during transcription

C. Once charged with the correct amino acids, they transfer them to the ribosome during translation

D. are only present in the nucleus or eukaryotes

Transfer RNA. Small RNA molecules that carry amino acids to the ribosome for polymerization into a polypeptide. During translation the amino acid is inserted into the growing polypeptide chain when the anticodon of the tRNA pairs with a codon on the mRNA being translated.

So..........I would say "A, B, an C" are accurate statements.

What do I win?

220px-TRNA-Phe_yeast_en.svg.png

Edited by Velocity_Boy

A can't be the answer because it says codons, which refers to the base triplets in mRNA.

and the anticodons bind to the corresponding codon on the mRNA, not the ribosome.

I've personally not heard of B as a function of tRNA (and I can't find anything on it), but I'm pretty sure tRNA doesn't have anything to do with transcription (aside from being transcribed).

and D is just wrong as tRNA are the necessary carriers of amino acids during translation in prokaryotes which obviously do not have a nucleus.

So you're left with c. here's a nice animation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1eQNmtCCkw

Edited by andrewcellini