The biological astrolabe of columbidae

Steinein

I have been researching the navigational ability of homing pigeons, which are descendants of the wild rock dove, ( Columba Livia ) and have discovered that they posses what can be considered the biological equivalent of an astrolabe...To anyone unfamiliar with Astrolabes, Wikipedia gives a good summation of what they are and their uses.

There is a simple experiment that shows how this biological hardware works, which can be performed using a live homing pigeon and a 100 Watt incandescent lamp. (No harm comes to the pigeon.)

Recent advances in quantum science, have shown that homing pigeons have a biological compass and I can show experimentally that they also posses a biological clock and an altimeter. This gives them all the required instrumentation to navigate successfully with an extreme degree of accuracy. I am confident that I have also worked out how these creatures store the way-points that allow them to return to any previously visited location,

I hope that this subject will be of interest to others on this forum and that a more detailed discussion can ensue.