Anti-gravity vehicle

capada

Would you all mind if I stepped in and asked a question?

I have been thinking about anti gravity a bit. Besides issues of creating such a field. If someone were to create such a bubble. What would even keep that bubble here on earth? Understanding that we are spinning at around 1000 miles per at the equator adding to that we are orbiting the sun and universe at thousands of times faster still. You have just nullified the force that holds you here on earth. If its just that the bubble and the earth are traveling at the same relative speed the slightest nudge should send the bubble off into space fairly fast. Nudging it to the east would it go into space faster? I guess that would depend on what part of the rotation of the earth we were in. While we perceive we are stationary. Actually it is far from it.

The problem will be that it has no centripetal acceleration anymore - it would be like twirling a rock on a stone around ones head and then the string breaks; the bubble will continue in its current motion - and that would be tangential. But gravity is not that strong - so we could easily anchor it.

Regarding moving the bubble and contents you would still have to overcome inertia! A nuclear powered submarine can easily adjust its buoyancy such that it is neutral - but that doesn't mean that the "slightest nudge" would change its motion; F=ma still applies.