Aging cream!

YT2095

this is part Humorous, but quite interesting.

you`ve seen all the adverts for anti-aging cream full of chems etc...

I`ve accidently discovered the opposite (seriously, I have!).

we`re having a few friends around tonight and I`m cooking stuffed Squash. I hollowed out the beasty and removed all the seeds, washed my hands and thought nothing off it.

about 5 mins later the palms of my hands are bone dry and all wrinkled and shiney!

I did a test patch on my face (it cant hurt me as it`s 100% edible and organicly grown), I look like an old man now :))

this will be great to use around Hallowe`en time, that and some talc powder as a dusting :)

just another Crazy idea from the VERY OLD YT :)

that's weird, the seeds must have some kinda absorbing thing in them... or it could be the interaction between the seeds and water, maybe you have squash growing inside you!

what were you stuffing the squash with? that could have something to do with it.

no, they`re not stuffed yet (it`ll be rice and lamb mince with Chili garlic onion red and green sweet peppers btw).

it`s nothing to do with the filling, it`s the squash itself, ever seen how Pumpkin seeds are dead slimey when wet, and get a silvery microfine papery couting when dry?

well that`s what`s happened here :)

who knows, it might work as an oil absorbing enzyme and be good for spotty zitty adolecents as a natural alternative?

pity it was my last squash from last years crop :(

it would certainly be worth some experimentation!

and yes, it DOES wash off :)

I`m not exactly sure, they were some seeds from a fellow gardener. she`s been growing them for years and doesn`t know the proper name of them.

they`re green with white striations running from top to bottom, and when cooked the inside resembles very fine spaghetti when seperated, and they smell a bit like melon when raw and have a slightly sweet taste that goes after it`s cooked.

beyond that, I`ve no idea.

• 5 months later...

UPDATE:

apparently the same effect can be had from Other types of Squash and Pumpkins also :)

I`m doing stuffed pumpkin for tonights dinner, after scooping out the seeds some of the Juice went on my arm, that part now looks about 90+ years of age LOL!

I`m sure this probably has some Practical use too, as it does tighten the skin with tremendous efficiency.

thoughts?

well ya know wat i think' date=' i think that hving pumpkin for dinner nasty cuz i dotn like pumpkin and idk just think about it

oh and wrestling is wrong.[/quote']

ya know, reading that, it almost makes me wonder if you typed it beleiving anyone would CARE what you think :)

WHen I was cutting a squash once, the seeds made my fingers red an itchy; we don't get a lot of squah in Northern Ireland so I haven't had any more experiences with squash but I rekon it's a chemical in the seeds. I know apple seeds contain cyanide...

this stuff "seems to be" some kind of plant juice that sticks to allsorts of things and dries to a clear papery film, skin being the way it is tends to have a surface that this "juice/slime" sticks to quite well, and of course as it dries, it shrinks, pulling the skin surface in with it :)

as for the red itchy thing going on??? alergy perhaps? I don`t know enough to comment on that really, it`s certainly NOT a Cyanide reaction :)