I want to thank a few people

Popcorn Sutton

This is a wonderful place we have here on these forums. I'd like to take a moment to thank a few people who I feel have contributed to my comfort and satisfaction with life. These are all amazing people who I am indescribably grateful for having the opportunity to experience.

Michio Kaku

Your intelligence is astonishing and the passion you have for science is invigorating. I enjoy seeing you on the science channel and can't help but wonder if you spend time on the forums as well. I'd be interested to hear what you think about cognition, it's a very hot topic and I think that physiopsychoneuromechanics needs an opinion from a guy like you.

Noam Chomsky

We preach the same philosophy and have similar goals. I hope you live for a very long time, it would be a shame if you went silent. I've recently been pondering stupidification and ways that a scientist can overcome it. The metro detroit area really has some great thinkers and I think you were a big influence on us. Can't thank you enough.

Paul Davies

Something you said reminded me of a very close friend I had when I was young, he was very wise and his curiousity in weather helped spark my curiousity im science which has been a very fulfilling endeavour for me. I feel like we may have talked before, unfortunately I was too overwhelmed with work that I haven't read your writing about thermostats having consciousness, but I remember a long time ago where I had that same conversation. Your my boy blue. Your my boy.

More to come later. When I move out, I'm celebrating and I'm inviting all you guys to come celebrate with me or cheers at least.

Morgan Freeman

When I have time I will write.

• 4 weeks later...

Morgan Freeman

Youre an amazing man. Listening to you brings me so much joy. You say "people have a lot of questions...", I have so many questions lol. No surprise there. I'm trying to make a computer think so we can get some help with that.

Michelle Thaller

You gave me an idea about using jupiter to fling earth out of the solar system as our spaceship lol. Crazy idea, but I respect you.

• 7 months later...

Lawrence Krauss

I've had a fascination in your work recently and I thank you for talking about these things, especially the something from nothing hypothesis. I'm going to continue watching your talks and hope that you participate on these forums. If you are reading this, and you haven't seen my new thread, check this out.

Max Tegmark

You're awesome, seriously. I've watched a few of your talks and I relate with your ideas so closely that I feel that my own speculations have had a good impact on what you vocalize. That is awesome for me to know, even though I can't say for sure whether I have affected your point of view. I know that you work at MIT and I'm reasonably certain that my ideas have influenced a lot of people from MIT.

Leonard Susskind

You give me hope man. You started off as a plumber, which is not very different from my original profession. I've been watching your talks on YouTube as well, not recently, but I've seen plenty of them. I admire how you work with statistical mechanics because I know that it is a relatively recent field of interest.

To all of you, I feel absolutely honored to be living in these times, to be able to collaborate with you (if I even have), and to be able to watch you guys on the science channel and on YouTube. You all are truly inspiring and I hope that I can be of the same stature one of these days.

Edited by Popcorn Sutton