Guns in the Classroom

Daedalus

Right because that's why we are so effective in Iraq and Afghanistan. Our high tech military tore through them since they only had small arms and improvised weapons. Oh wait... we didn't.

High tech weapons don't offer any guarantees in unconventional warfare. I'm not sure why you list prison system as an advantage. I'ts actually a disadvantage It raises moral for the insurgents and lowers moral for the Military. Insurgents know that if they're captured they go to prison. Soldiers know that if their captured they're tortured and executed. Formidable surveillance is useless when the insurgents look like the rest of the population.

Also watch what happens to military support when the American government tries bombing American Citizens. You just lost the war. Warfare isn't as black and white as you see it.

Right, U.S. armed civilians are as resilient as their counterparts in Iraq and Afghanistan. Oh, wait, that's not exactly true.

And don't forget the significant numbers of civilians killed in Afghanistan and Iraq because of bombs, artillery, etc.

Warfare? Very likely, the military and police will secure supplies for their use. Civilians, most of whom have been used to middle class amenities for the past four decades, will have to deal with only a few weeks' worth of food, ammo, medicine, and fuel. And when those run out...

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/5-reasons-why-american-riots-will-be-the-worst-in-the-world_08102011

BTW, I don't agree with the title of the article, but I think the five reasons are worth noting. In which case, civilians will probably worry less over what the military or police will do to them and more on what they are capable of doing to each other.

I'm waiting for someone to suggest arming the children.

The problem with that is no one would be willing to do that(because children have been mainly the shooters in all the shootings that do occur).

I agree that armed security guards should be used instead of armed teachers, though teachers should be allowed if given approval by the state, to have a concealed fire arm for the protection of students.

I think we are getting to hyped on the gun killings to be honest. More people are killed by other objects(such as cars, whether incidental or not), than gun murder. It is merely political fighting that drives hysteria within our communities. And also, the higher murder rates could be due to many factors, not just weaponry. As economic downfall occurs, there is more "anger".

You can look at statistics and compare the economic progression to the amount of killings that year or span of years. Again, I feel this is all due to hysteria. I am not ignoring the issue, however I am simply pointing out that these aren't the only issues.

• 3 years later...

Starting at a Texas University

Well done my son, we're proud to see

you're off to university.

We've done our best to see that you

have everything to see you through.

You have already got a phone

so there's no need to feel alone.

On Facebook, Twitter and the rest

are friends to help you when you're stressed.

When you became a teenage buck

we bought you your first pick-up truck;

and in your eyes we saw the joy;

a young man now, more than a boy.

So now for university,

here is a gift from Ma and me.

A shoulder holster made to hide

this deadly handgun by your side.

We hope when your semester ends

you'll be alive and making friends.

Not lying on a blood soaked floor

shot down while running for the door.

(On August 1st 2016 it became legal for Texas University students to carry a concealed handgun)

Edited by Joatmon