Do you know of good science books for little kids?

jeskill

Hi folks,

So I have a four-year old, and I thought that this would be a good time to start introducing scientific concepts to him. (It's never too early.) I started with two books:

1) Our Family Tree: An Evolution Story by Lisa Westberg Peters and Lauren Stringer

2) Born with a Bang: The Universe Tells Its Cosmic Story by Jennifer Morgan and Dana Lynne Andersen

Both are pretty good, and caught my kid's attention. We've read them multiple times, I actually really like Born With A Bang, because I don't have a strong astronomy/physics background and this book made the big bang and the origins of the solar system highly compelling by (I can't believe I'm saying this) anthropomorphizing the universe. I normally hate anthropomorphic characters (Cars and Madagascar really annoyed me) but for me, it worked in this story.

Anyways, have any of you come across good science-related books for young children? If so, please feel free to share.

As an aside, does anyone have a good children's book that describes one or many religions from more of an anthropological perspective rather than a believer's perspective? I found one, but it's a bit old for my kid, probably 10 and up.

Edited because as usual, there are typos.

Edited by jeskill