Spare Computer

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nah, i just slided em out, wow they can be hard to seperate when they spring together and fit perfectly on top of each other so there's nothing to grip! i aint half lucky my nails needed cutting a few days ago and i never got around to it!

NIB = neodymium iron boron (just for those who didnt know!)

and what can i use em for?

thats just evil!

be careful they hurt when they pinch your fingers!

if you place em on either side of your finger then they dont hurt, although i imagine if they caught a bit of skin (and not the whole finger) then they would hurt.

ahhhh, sh**, yes they do hurt when they clip your skin....

i wouldnt wanna be your daughter! :D

i think it would start to hurt after a while, esp. as the ear-lobe is quite thin, increasing the amount of attraction between the two magnets.

yeah, i once read here that magnets can have an effect on cells:

which university? I'd suggest something like the effect of magnetic fields on plants. It's a pretty interesting thing, i'm helping my friend with the experiment and some interesting things are happening. Makes me worried about the people living next to large magnetic fields though.

from http://www.scienceforums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6126&highlight=magnet+cells

as you will see, i never really got a proper answer.

how do magnets effect electronic circuits? what happens to the electronics?

http://www.srcdevices.com/pdf/AN103_r2.pdf

is about the proximity of magnets to their coresponding reed switch (magnetically activated switch) there are some formulae... however i think it will also have to take into consideration the material from which the FET / polarised component is made from, so maybe it is too complicated to worth being worried about!

outta interest, what do people think of the:

"magnets will attract the iron in your blood all to one place"

sentence?