Windows SP2

Cap'n Refsmmat

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That can all probably be traced back to the "improved" windows firewall, and therefore solved by turning it off and using your trusted, already chosen and installed alternative that was there anyway.

"Thanks Microsoft".

That can all probably be traced back to the "improved" windows firewall' date=' and therefore solved by turning it off and using your trusted, already chosen and installed alternative that was there anyway.

"Thanks Microsoft".[/quote']

so then, what is the point in the microsoft firewall, why did they make it? they must have a reason for spending money incorporating one into windows, does it do any good?

:rolleyes: thats microsoft for you

So they can say "honestly, our bag-of-holes software is (more) secure now".

ok, so thats a firewall that i can say goodbye to.

:P to you to! [im talking to the firewall, not you!]

so it doesnt have any add-ons, like extra security for IE for something, which a normal firewall dont have?

(just checking)

that was just a pointless post!

90% of people run a microsoft OS, be serious,

is there something which the microsoft firewall does, which a normal one might not, such as extra security emphasised on the windows OS or something?

what risks is there with SP2 which arent counteracted by disabling the firewall?

[serious answers, not like #43 ;) ]

SP2 was basically a rush-job' date=' and now they're going to start paying the price for it.

How amusing.[/quote']

yes, thats what i thought, so should we instal it or not, we need the security patches, but it opens up more

:confused:

microsoft, do something right, you run our computers [most of our...]

:eek:

whats more likely to be attacked, the new or the old? well pressumably the new, but at the same time...

what exactly does this fix? or is supposed to fix?

i mean, there was the firewall, but it makes it over-reactive, and as agreed earlier in this thread, it is wise to shut it down.

it stop illegal version, which doesnt effect me, infact it only stops the 20 most common illegal versions.

what else does it do?